Friday, August 28, 2009

Motherhood....

Wow. I love my kids. Don't believe me, visit my other blog.

But I struggle. Taylee drives me crazy. Seriously. When did she stop listening to me? Sometimes I feel like such a bad mother because I'm always harping on her. Please don't leave me a comment disagreeing with me. I don't really believe that I am a bad mother. I just feel like it sometimes. I never imagined myself raising my voice constantly at my kids, spanking them, or even yelling at them. Taylee has gotten a taste of each lately. I knew two kids would be hard, but you never really know until you are actually living in the situation you are trying to picture. Please don't feel sorry for me. I am living the dream I always wanted. I DO love my family. We're just at a rough patch right now. Taylee never listens, whines all day, NEVER stops talking, likes to scare Porter, and takes all of Porter's toys. I know she's 3, and has a new brother, but really.....wow. God, please give me MORE patience! I don't think I'll ever get enough.

This is for all you mom's out there struggling. I realize that these feelings are normal at times in our lives (at least I hope so!). It's ok to share them and talk about them. Onward, ever onward!!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh I think today was a day for the record books. Tears all around. My evenings (and sometimes prayers) are taken up by my wandering mind reviewing the day and wishing I had handled things a little differently.

    I was just thinking the same thing today - why is it that my children can't seem to hear my voice unless I'm talking about food or going to the park? I must be a mute and didn't realize it.

    I'm with you - God give me the PATIENCE to raise YOUR CHILD! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl I am right there with you.....My kids bring out the best in me....and THE WORST... I love them, but hope that health and welfare arent outside my door when they make me crazy. I started putting myself in time out. That really works...just so you know. I LOVE time out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya, I am not going to lie. I even threw a little tantrum because my kids were being naughty. How is that for an example for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it keepin it real!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMEN. There are days when I feel like I'm doing ok, and days when I want to walk out the door the second my husband comes home from work or else I'll scream and pull my hair out. Just life I guess. I'm trying to keep myself calm even on days when I feel like I'm just the referee in the house. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrew and I went through a phase after Emmy was born where I don't think either of us liked each other. And you really can't blame the 2 year old so you know you need to work on it yourself. For me, it meant I had to focus on Andrew's good behavior and reward everything positive that he did. I had to remind myself to think loving thoughts about him and to change myself and not him. We still have our days, but for us, that really helped. Good luck with Taylee. She really is a character!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel ya too. Some days (weeks sometimes) are sooooo long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So you even know who my child is? : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm not going to comment about your feelings on motherhood, but i do love the idea for this blog. good thinking. can't wait to read more of your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yah, I have to admit... Four kids have gotten to me a little bit.

    ReplyDelete