Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cooking 101 Part 2

Snazzy and creative title huh? Pretty sad I couldn't think of anything better. I'll take your suggestions please. I tried a couple new recipes again this last week I thought I would share. Both are courtesy of Pioneer Woman. She has a way of making me want to try EVERYTHING she makes. My t0-make list is getting long.


I successfully made this.....

Turn into this.....

Yes folks. P-dubbya is that good. The votes are in. The soup was two for two. Porter and I gave it a thumbs up. Taylee and Brock a thumbs down. My new ingredient in this recipe was curry powder. I know, I know! How in the world I ever got by without using curry powder, or making my own curry is a mystery. I love the taste and thought the soup was yummy. I would recommend some yummy rolls or bread to go along with it. This is a great winter time meal.

And for dessert, we have: Chocolate Truffles with Sea Salt

Yes these were made by me. I haven't ever really experimented much with desserts and chocolates. So buying baking chocolate and sea salt was kind of new for me. I ended up going with a milk chocolate center and dark chocolate coating. Very good. I was to scared to put sea salt on all of them, so it made it on only a couple. And I have to tell you I did like the final result with the sea salt. Next time I will try a dark chocolate center, milk chocolate coating, and sea salt on at least half of them. I want the outer layer to be a harder shell than I actually made. I don't think I found the right chocolate to make a shell. So I'll continue to research and find the right thing...unless someone can enlighten me.

Happy cooking!


3 comments:

  1. oh good job on the candy making! i haven't had the guts to give that a go yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I can't think of a single thing in the world that wouldn't be better with a little sea salt.

    ReplyDelete