Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Oh ye of little faith....

I received a couple comments asking to see my Swiff in action. I can sense there are other doubters out there as well. So here you go.

The Swiffer Vac. Cordless. Light. as. a. broom.

For your viewing pleasure:

Facts:
  • my whole apartment is hardwood
  • Porter is beginning to eat finger foods = total mess.
  • I did the baby heimlick on Porter at least 3 times and the finger sweep at least 15 times before I finally bought this thing.
  • sweeping should be easy
  • for some reason it involves to many steps and I avoid it (now you don't have to wonder why my child kept choking)
  • I bought it. I. luf. it.
Swiffer Facts:
  • It's cordless and has a 14v battery. Not meant for a large house with lots of hardwood/tile. More like small areas - kitchen and dining area.
  • It has a small dirt - in my case, baby cereal - catcher and filter. I need to empty it about every 3-4 times I vacuum. (it's easy - a button releases it, poor in garbage, snaps back on)
  • It has a spot for the swiffer dry clothes and mop cloth, but I just keep the same dry cloth on it. With the vacuum, I don't feel the need to change the dry cloth all the time, so recurring costs are kept down.
  • I read a couple reviews on-line about the motor burning out and the product was removed from some stores. In my opinion, possibly due to people not cleaning/changing the filter frequently. (hey, if this baby works for 6 months, it will be well worth the $35 I paid for it)
  • I got mine at drugstore.com
And there you have it. Please stay tuned for a word from our other sponsors.....

I admit it. Falling in love with oven cleaner was a stretch (I love to have it on hand, but it's stinky). But magic erasers + my Swiff = magic.

4 comments:

  1. Next step, Swiffer Wetjet. Not as magical, but the only way I will mop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about this oven cleaner! I have a mess in my oven that I need to get clean...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris, you should be getting paid for all this free advertising you're doing! It's good to find out I'm not the only one who gets excited about cleaning products :)

    ReplyDelete