Wow. These posts are getting fewer and farther apart. I'm still here. For one thing, life is definitely keeping me busy. Another thing, is I am still experiencing a lack of blogging inspiration. I used to have a few posts in my head on a regular basis....but lately, it's been nada...nuttin.
So I wanted to post a couple yummy recipes I've tried lately. Both passed on to me by friends. You need to try them. They are seriously yummy.
The first one is from Cindy. It is a vanilla pudding cake. You only need five ingredients...you can't go wrong with something so simple!! I copied Cindy's picture from her blog and here is the recipe...also from her blog.
2 (3.5 oz) packages instant vanilla pudding
1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
3 cups milk
1 (16 oz) package graham cracker squares
1 (16 oz) can prepared chocolate frosting
In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend the pudding mix, whipped topping, and milk.
Arrange a single layer of graham crakers squares in the bottom of a 13x9 baking pan. Evenly spread half of the pudding mixture over hte crackers. Top with another layer of crakers and the remaning pudding mixutre. Top with a final layer of graham crackers.
Spread the frosting over the whole cake up to the edges of the pan. Cover, and chill at least 4 hours before serving.

Go here for Cindy's step by step instructions
And next, I've discovered homemade granola bars. Holy. C.O.W. So good! If you are counting calories....this is definitely not the best snack. BUT they are so good....way better than store bought granola bars, and you know what is in them! Maria gave me this recipe from this website (where I also used their picture). What I love about this recipe is that it is completely variable. It calls for 3 cups of whatever kind of dry add-ins you want. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, coconut, sunflower seeds, craisins, raisins, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, pretzels, m&m's...(ohh...I think I'm really on to something now).
YUM. It's all held together with a mixture of peanut butter, honey, and butter. I think these make an awesome kid's snack. Our favorite so far has been a mix of cashews, peanut butter chips, sunflower seeds, and coconut. Taylee doesn't love the nuts in there, so my next batch is going to be with pretzels and maybe a few m&m's. Seriously, go here for the recipe!


Just today I was wanting to make that vanilla pudding cake and wondering where I had seen that recipe. And those granola bars look yummy. Gonna give those a try.
ReplyDeleteBoth sound delicious! I'm excited to try them out... I need to go to Winco to get some good mix-ins! Oooh, this is going to be perfect- we're going camping next weekend!
ReplyDelete