Sunday, November 29, 2009

Homemade

About once a year I get in the mood for some homemade projects. With Christmas around the corner, these projects tend to take place in November. I'm not really creative, more like a decent copycat. And almost all of my ideas have come from blogs. So here's my latest project: Necklaces! They were very fun and easy to make. Although it took me until the fourth necklace to figure out the easy part. I can make one of these now in about 15 minutes total. Very fun.

Step 1: buy beads and fabric
Step 2: cut long strip of fabric about 4" wide to the length your heart desires
Step 3: sew fabric with machine into a tube, seam on the inside.
Step 4: add beads. alternating between outside of fabric and in the tube
Step 5: finish off by hand sewing ends shut....and wah-la!
I loved the end result.

Please share your craft ideas too! I'll need new ideas for next year. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, its Emmylou again. Those are super fun and cute too! I am impressed! I think I might have to make some next time I make myself a dress or skirt with the extra fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed you wearing it last time I was at church (3 weeks ago I think) and meant to tell you how much I like how it turned out. Good work!

    ReplyDelete