Like the I'm-not-a-peanut-M&M-addict as you shove more peanut M&Ms in your mouth? Not that I've EVER done that. ever.
Or the my-heart-is-in-perfect-shape kind of denial as you run 2 miles and feel your blood pressure pounding in your ears? been there.
Okay. So I'm in denial. Winter denial. (side note: Is it still denial if you are perfectly aware that you are in denial? Denial seems to imply not knowing. When you know, do you just become.....um...Not-So-Smart? I try to avoid calling myself dumb, stupid, and other such names.)
I know many of you share the same feelings. Not that I'm not-so-smart feelings, but feelings of being in winter denial.
So here's what my denial has led to lately:
- I've refused to wear my coat a few times: results in FREEZING my buns off. And yet I've done it multiple times hoping for a different result each time. Hoping that today's 31 degrees will somehow be so much warmer than yesterdays 30 degrees. But no. Same result. Freezing. buns. OFF.
- I've been going through the kids summer clothes/shoes inventory. Counting how many outfits each kid has and imagining them wearing them. Fun, yet probably a little early.
- Taylee begged and begged and begged to wear her flip flops. I consented. But she had to wear them with socks. She ate it right outside our apartment building. Flat. on. her. face. Oops.
- Exercise capris outside at 5:30 a.m.= freakishly numb and red ankles. beware: may result in cankles
- I took Taylee running with me in the running stroller (hey, it was 42 degrees!) Her poor hands. Numb. she was dressed appropriately. but still. it was forty-stinkin-two degrees. genius mom.
I probably will continue to be in denial until the snows goes away.
I will continue to be in denial when it rains for at least 2 months straight.
And then, denial no more. I'll be basking in the sun. Yes. That's right. Basking.

I once wore my Birks to walk to school in early March at ISU because I had such horrible spring fever. Then I got an actual fever. Like...the sickest I've ever been. :) Also, you won my giveaway so email me already!
ReplyDeleteI love the new header! And I stopped wearing my heavy coat this week. No snow on the ground=warm right? Uhhhh...nooooo.
ReplyDeleteI'm right there with you. Denial.
ReplyDelete